: [1]   
: Windshield Washer pump  ( 2071 )
Pierre Bester
All Bezels

: 365

« : July 29, 2013, 05:39:15 PM »

I removed the old window washer bottle, or rather what was left of it. The water pump did not work and the system  was not used since the truck arrived from Aus. After removing the small pump and cleaning all the mud the motor started and then stopped after about half a second. There was life after all. I opened the motor, cleaned and lubricated it and tried again. Yoda at itís best. I could not believe it. :)

After cleaning the lines and bonnet nozzle I tested the pump and 2 strong streams of water hit the windscreen.

Problem: Water is leaking where the pump fits in the bottle. There is a small rubber seal that seals the pump/bottle join and serves as a seal between  the impeller and the motor. I think this is where the problem lies. I found a part number (85310-60010), but it is sold as a motor and pump assembly. (if still available)
Has anyone had a similar problem or a solution for the problem?

Theo Marx
All Bezels

: 1709

« #1 : July 30, 2013, 08:47:00 AM »

I tried to cross-reference it but unfortunately it is only listed for the J4 ser, Toyota Starlet and the 1000.If discontinued then I think your best bet would be to try to use a setup from a 60/75/80 ser ?

11/83  UZJ 42 LX with some goodies :  Olive
06/99  HZJ 75 RV

Grahame Burchell
All Bezels

: 665

« #2 : August 04, 2013, 08:38:03 PM »

Pierre, yes I have/had the same problem. It is a tiny seal/"O" ring between the pump and motor. I tried silicone and a few hours of sweat. No Luck. Bought another motor/pump form USA.

: [1]   

: