: [1]   
: Air in fuel line  ( 3986 )
Eric Guldemond
All Bezels

: 25

« : January 15, 2014, 01:41:34 pm »

Hi there

Need some newby help here...
I did a first engine 'service' by changing oil, oil filter, air filter, flushing radiator and also changed the fuel filter.

It is a HJ45 H diesel engine (3.6l 6cyl)
I started her up, not knowing that the fuel line needed to be bled after changing the fuel filter, she only ran nicely for a couple of seconds then died.

Consulting my manual it states that the air needs to be removed by opening the bleeder screw on top of the fuel filter and pumping the manual pump on the fuel feeder. Here's the problem - there is no such bleeder screw on my fuel filter - see below.

Is this normal? Where do I bleed out the air now?
I tried this bleeder screw on the injection pump.

It took some manual pumping before the fuel started coming out - but still no joy for starting her.

What's next?

Rob Wright
Classic Bezels

: 313

« #1 : January 15, 2014, 02:41:56 pm »

Eric ,That is the correct place to bleed the pump as per yr last pic of pump ,But ideally this should have been done before starting it ,What has now happened is that there is air between pump and injectors now ,Just rebleed at the pump and make sure no air is present ,Then loosen yr Injector pipes at the Injectors ,just loosen nut 2 to 3 turns only enuf to free up inj pipe .Get someone to Crank eng over until diesel coming out of inj pipes then retighten pipes and it should fire up .Will splutter a bit until all air is dispelled from the system .

Eric Guldemond
All Bezels

« #2 : January 15, 2014, 03:05:07 pm »

Thanks Rob

Do I open all injector pipes at once or one at a time? Or doesn't it matter?

-e-

Rob Wright
Classic Bezels

: 313

« #3 : January 15, 2014, 05:10:43 pm »

Eric .
 The best just open them all up to get the air out and close once all air out .then start ,and if you need to whilst it,s running ,open up each injector pipe to establish that all air out and its firing ,Normally running it a bit will get rid of any air left in the system .That H motor doesn't
 hasstle for bleeding .

Eric Guldemond
All Bezels

« #4 : January 16, 2014, 07:37:39 am »

No joy yet :(
Battery also flat.

Any garanteed speedup-the-bleeding-prosess tips???
Or am I doing something wrong....

Eric Guldemond
All Bezels

« #5 : January 17, 2014, 05:13:07 pm »

Fixed :)
Trick is to have a fully charged battery and the person cranking must also floor the accelerator.
Thanks for the help.
-e-

Jonathan Tee
Administrator

: 2072

V8 because some say "2 heads are better than one"

« #6 : January 17, 2014, 05:15:12 pm »

Glad you came right

Grahame Burchell
All Bezels

: 665

« #7 : January 17, 2014, 05:17:45 pm »

Glad you got sorted. Rob is an encyclopedia on diesels.  ;)

: [1]   

: